If you’ve been promised by an agency that they’ll get you listed 1st in Google’s natural (not paid for) listing then this implies that you’ll be the agency’s only client in your sector, otherwise they’re either lying to you or to the other client.
Why’s my site not listed when I enter the phrase “cleanest website designer in England”?
We often get asked this type of question but obviously not about our personal hygiene which we can assure you is exemplary. Normally it turns out that the phrase “cleanest website designer in England” isn’t mentioned anywhere on the website.
SEO is a relatively simple process. Just include the words and phrases that you think Google users will be typing to find your type of product or service. Then make Google believe it’s important by getting as many external sites as possible to link to your page.
Building the website in an SEO friendly way
In addition to using the important words and phrases the web page needs to constructed in a manner which Google finds easy to digest.
When we build websites we make sure the:
- Page title contains the important words. The page title shows in the browser tab or blue bar at the top, depending on your browser. This page title is SEO Friendly | cleanest website designer in England
- Page headings that are visible to the reader. In the HTML to construct a page you can emphasise important elements by enclosing them in h1 tags like on this page <h1>Is my website Search Engine (SEO) friendly?</h1>
- URL adds weight to the importance of a phrase. This page URL is http://www.octa.co.uk/seo-friendly.html which will help Google more than http://www.octa.co.uk/service or http://www.octa.co.uk/?id=45
- Copy includes the important terms. Many page authors start on the basis of what they want to tell the reader. We prefer to start on the basis of what are the key words and phrases that a user might type in to Google and then how can we wordsmith those words and phrases in to readable and interesting copy
- Page description is relevant. This description is often used in search results and will make it easier for the user to filter which listings are pertinent. This page description is OCTA adhere to web standards and follow best practice to ensure search engines are able to index and list web page content and are the cleanest website designer in England. This description is only visible if you view the page source but Google will read it.